Lots of bug fixes, balance changes, big changes for the Necromanser, and some new monster tricks await you! Here are the patch notes. As a reminder,
This build will require you to begin a new Academy!
- Dying while bleeding or poisoned.
- Polearms attacking off the edge of the map.
Save Corruption Fixes
- Attempted fix for crashing while writing out map or save data.
- Fix for Academy and World corruption based on switching between save files.
- Status effect particles should display on monsters once they enter LOS if they cast the effect while outside of LOS.
- Particles should stick with the player on stair transition.
- Banner effects no longer persist forever on stair transition.
- Inventory no longer shuffles on first sale or purchase.
- Polearm attacks now only extend two tiles, no sneaking in that third tile.
- Wandering Monsters now continue to spawn after loading a save file.
- Dungeons should no longer spawn inside of mountains.
- You can no longer accidentally pass your turn while targeting a ranged attack or special power.
- Proofs of Stremf no longer cap at 255.
- Vault Storage works correctly.
Shift-click (or press shift-enter on) an unidentified item in your inventory to automatically spend a Scroll of Identification on it.
In your save folder (users/[you]/appdata/roaming/Dungeonmans) you’ll find keybinds.txt, with instructions on how to bind keys to do whatever you like. There is no ingame UI for this yet.
- Added the Brigand Tricksonometrix, a shifty villainess who uses deception and misdirection to support her criminal allies.
- Reduced the regen value on the Triger’s Roar.
- From level 4 and up, enemy Champions have an increased health pool.
- Champions will, in nearly all cases, scale up to the level of the player if they are not there already.
- Some monsters now have additional powers they receive if they are promoted to Champions, Bosses, or Ancient Kings. Eventually this will extend to all monsters, but not yet.
- Champions will now only drop one Proof of Stremf regardless of level. Higher level Champions now have an increased chance to drop better loot.
General Perk / Power Balance
- Mana now regenerates a fixed percentage per tick, and at a slower rate.
- Mad Thirsty has been adjusted to allow for one extra potion per round. I should probably mention that in the power description.
- Foomsplosion has a faster cast animation and will now hit each tile in a 3×3 area exactly one time. Tiles out of LOS will not be hit.
- Drink the Typhoon fires half as many attacks as before. It will still hit creatures out of LOS, for now.
- Banner of the Tide Turned now only restores resources on attacks, just like the tooltip says.
- All other Banners save Septentrion Cross have had their durations increased to 20 rounds, and in some cases their ranges may have been increased.
- Manabones has been changed to give you a one-round shield that reduces damage taken by 50%.
- Deathcharged is a new passive that gives you a 20% bonus to damage on the round following a round where you pick up a Deadpulse.
- Detonate Deadpulse may now cause hilarious chain reactions.
- Freeze Hatred now is limited to one Hateglacier at a time. The Hateglacier now scales with your level and will hit harder as you level up.
- Conjure Gravemooks now creates more skeletons. They will decay after 2d4+20 rounds.
- Vanish and Hero Cloud have been removed from the tree. They will return in a different format later.
- Big Bamf is a controlled teleport that will Pin and Addle enemies near your original location. This power causes you to become Unstable, and prevents the re-use of that power until the condition passes.
- Gift Exchange swaps all buffs and debuffs on you with those on a different creature.