Major Bug Fixes
- Monsters that steal items or stats (like Stremf) will now correctly return those objects when killed, even if you left the area.
- Stat-bearing rings now grant their stats.
- Fixed certain Bleed, Melee and Ranged damage resistances not working.
- Players should no longer get stuck in Wooden Barricades.
- Items festooned in enchantments by greedy Dungeonmens will no longer cause the inventory to crash.
- Monsters with missing Monster Knowledge values have been updated, allowing them to populate the Museum.
Cosmic Enchanted Items
Be advised that items are now limited to one Cosmic enchant.
Trying to spoil as little as possible here: having 4 or 5 of those stacked on every piece of gear made the game completely trivial. To adjust for this, the power of the Cosmic enchant has been increased. Attempting to enchant an item more than once with Cosmic power will instead increase the magic modifier of the item by one.
Bandits, Brigands, and Towers
- Added three new enemy types: Duke of Distractions, Baron of Bones, and Marchioness Astromanser.
- Tower difficulty now ranges from levels 8 to 13.
- Bandit Kings are now level 13, and no longer appear earlier on as regular enemies.
- Brigand Strongmens should be appearing more regularly, and Champions have the power to disarm you!
Towers have been well received for their unique style of play, big rewards, and cool Warlord encounters. However, they didn’t quite scale well, to the point where Towers at level 11 or so became too easy, even when marked as “Legendary” depending on the location. This has been adjusted.
The new Bandit types will also appear in high level regular dungeons as well.
- Decoymens can only be summoned one at a time now, and once a Decoymans is killed, all monsters who saw that event get wise to your tricks and might not be fooled again.
- Shield Rush no longer stuns Champions, Bosses or Ancient Kings, but instead throws them Off Balance for a round, weakening their attack damage.
- Bannermans has an extra mastery point in Cartography, Southern Gentlemans loses one in Bows, bringing both classes to 5 points at start.
Other Bug Fixes
- Mountain Scrobolds now bring rocks down on your head much faster.
- Fixed Door Spikes occasionally having no health.
- Fixed UI issue for Stellar Anvil.
- Fixed issues where enemy Blinks would result in them being in two different places.
- Fixed Tireless not always working for some stamina powers.
- Crash on loading/saving a Temple Map under certain circumstances.
- Fixed extra space between damage numbers and damage type in the combat log.
- Fix for Blinged Reaper save crash.
- Fixed occasional Detonate Deadpulse crash.
- Fixed the look of some broken doors in the Mountain Fortress.
Hi man, enjoying the release. May I make a suggestion? Here was the scenario. Had a bad run. Sent several dungeonmans to die in the same starting dungeon, just a stone’s throw from the Scrobald Warren. Soon we had an entire hierarchy of named villains on various levels. The dungeon was fairly deep, I think 4 levels, and by the bottom floor, there were some serious monsters. I was getting excited.
I tried about 5-7 times to defeat that dungeon right out of the gate, but eventually gave up. That final floor was just too challenging. So I sent the next guy to the Scrobald Warren, mostly to grab a few lesser champion potions.
You can tell where this is going – by the time I got back to the Ookfells with all my fallen heroes and named enemies, since I was level 3 I think, the game said the dungeon was too trivial… I was denied my vengeance and collected a pile of pyres on the overworld.
So… I guess… would there be any way to include the option to go and avenge the fallen in this situation? I don’t think I was overpowered, and the main boss of the dungeon (one of those chainmail archer types), was pretty damn dangerous. Maybe if there are several Bones files sitting in there, you can choose c) I’m going in there. This is personal!
BTW kudos on diversifying champion enemies. The first time it hit me with a laser arrow, I was literally and figuratively blown away.
I just completed my first run through of the game on Character 10 Shield and spear with focus on trick to get me through some rough patches and heavy armour, Obviously I’ve still got some extra things to pick up like necromancy but I’m interested in knowing if there will be a further endgame ? I enjoyed the heck outta the game so far and would be interested in seeing more.
I got the game, and want to use a custom sprite for my hero skin. I could really use a collection of the in-game hero sprites as a basis. It sure would be nice if those sprites were uploaded to the internet.